Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Look!!!



This is yet another amazing makeup and hair look created by yours truly. As you can see I kept the brows kind of unmaintained. Sometime a natural brow works best when you are going overboard in other areas. I am sure that by now you see that I love doing smokey eyes. Because I am trying to master the smokey look I tend to do it often. You can refer to my other smokey eye work to get the details on how to recreate this look. The basic rule of thumb is that if you are going to do a dramatic eye you need to do a more muted lip. For the lips I decided to fill them in with a rose liner and apply a clear gloss on top. Liner on the lips tends to last longer than just lipstick. I stacked two pairs of dramatic lashes, which helps the eye makeup look even more dramatic. The skin looks pretty clean although I used a lot of product. Most editorial makeup is a lot of nothing to create a flawless look.
With the hair I did ribbon curls (spirals) with a 2-inch barrel curler. Once the curls were complete I finger combed everything forward to create volume in the front. Back combing the hair slightly to add a little more fullness. Pining the hair randomly will secure the style and help it last. After you have everything in position you can spray it with a medium hold holding spray followed with a bit of shine spray.
I really enjoyed working on this shoot, which allowed me to do me. If you have any questions on any of the products or techniques that were used feel free to send me a comment or an email… Till then BE BEAUTIFUL!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Beautiful! I want to learn how to do a smokey eye... its so tough!