Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Questions Question Questions!!!! LOVE IT!!!!



Ok my beautiful people… I know I know… ya boy has been missing in action honey… yeah my schedule is wack, therefore I must do what I gotta do… Last month I did receive 2 emails with QUESTIONS for me…. You guys just don’t know how happy that made me feel… I guess you say “well if you were so excited what the heck took you so long to respond”… told you I been really working my fingers off… but it’s a good thing cause I love what I do and with every experience I get better… So anyways I received and email from a beautiful gal Miss. DE… she says that she has naturally curly hair and she wanted to know how to showcase the natural curl and for hair to not look dry once the water dries out… OK so here is the deal you have a little process that you need to go through in order to maximize the curl pattern. 1. Shampoo with a moisturizing and conditioning shampoo… This will leave the hair hydrated and help to bring out the natural curl… 2. Apply a generous amount of conditioner… Design Essentials Stimulations would be nice… I am not a big Design Essentials fan but I like this conditioner… Comb the conditioner with a wide tooth comb or a Denman Brush… 3. Rinse very well with cool water… HERE IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION: finally you should apply a heavy leave in agent that will sculpt and define the curl and prevent the hair from swelling and frizzing up… Cantu Leave In is good and so is Miss Jessie’s “Curly Pudding”… The “Curly Pudding” comes in 3 sizes and she work VERY WELL… you will need to work lots of the product in but it works well… Saturate the hair with either product and brush it with your Denman then pick it out a little with your wide tooth comb the be on your way… Let me know how it works out…
SECOND QUESTION… Miss TL wanted to know if it is good to go to the Dominican Salon to get your hair done… OK so here is the deal… Let me first say their pressouts are on 1000…. They are not intimidated by texture like many black stylist and they get you T Bone straight… If a texture is too course many of us (black stylist) run to the relaxer rather than struggling to do a blow out... thanks to my big sister who’s hair is VERY course I have a lot of experience with the best of them… not to mention that I work in a salon where 50% of the clients have natural hair… so I can do a blow out blindfolded… To get to the point yes the Dominicans are good I think I said that… and yes their process can damage your hair… but just like anything there are some good ones who know something about maintaining healthy hair… not many but a few… the thing with a pressout is that you MUST be sure that you are conditioning the hair VERY WELL!!!!! I would suggest a deep conditioner prior to the service and again when you shampoo… Be sure that you have your thermal protect spray leave in…. CHI has some great products for protection (trust me the Dominicans aint using that (and its cheap))… Finally let me say that every black stylist aint doing no amazing pressout either so you really have to look around… let me know where you are maybe I know someone… good luck finding a professional who can help you maintain your tresses… look me up when you come to DC!!!


No comments: